NOTE: Search results will appear near the bottom of the page. You may have to scroll down to view them.
Custom Search

Wednesday, January 14, 2009

LCD Billboards around the Metro



As I was getting more impatient for what seem to be an unusally long traffic light to change at the intersection of Meralco Avenue and Ortigas Avenue, I noticed the billboard shown above. It has a catchy line - Consider this ad. Before the traffic moves, u will see ur ad again.

Hmmm. Despite it being an obvious potential visual hazard (I don't know how distractingly bright it gets at night), it does rub it in the fact that you are stuck in traffic - long enough to read the message.

Then I saw the other messages. I might be wrong, but it seems the billboard is owned by the city of Pasig. If so, wouldn't this be a conflict of interest? I mean, wouldn't it be possible that in the interest of advertisers, the cycle of the nearby traffic light is lengthened to ensure viewership? Rather than have a smart light in which it automatically turns green whenever there is no opposing traffic, there would be more incentive to put in a fixed timed cycle for the light.

I am just asking. At any rate I am just alarmed there are beginning to be too many too bright LCD billboards around the metro. The one by Camp Aguinaldo really glares at you at night. Haaay. Only in the Philippines.

0 comments:

  © Blogger template The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP